No. Open work permits are generally only issued to the following categories of foreign workers:
- Spouses of foreign individuals with Canadian study or work permits;
- Foreign individuals who are in Canada with a valid work permit, have applied for permanent residency, and who’s work permit will be expiring soon; and
- Other foreign nationals that fall under one of the following categories:
- Foreign nationals participating in an exchange program;
- Foreign nationals participating in a working holiday program; and
- Foreign nationals seeking entry for humanitarian reasons.
If you are a foreign national interested in obtaining an open work permit or have any questions in relation to the process, including determining a viable strategy to work in Canada, please contact Toronto employment and immigration lawyers, Sultan Lawyers, at (416) 214-5111 or via email to email@example.com