(416) 214-5111

No. Open work permits are generally only issued to the following categories of foreign workers:

  • Spouses of foreign individuals with Canadian study or work permits;
  • Foreign individuals who are in Canada with a valid work permit, have applied for permanent residency, and who’s work permit will be expiring soon; and
  • Other foreign nationals that fall under one of the following categories:
  • Foreign nationals participating in an exchange program;
  • Foreign nationals participating in a working holiday program; and
  • Foreign nationals seeking entry for humanitarian reasons.

If you are a foreign national interested in obtaining an open work permit or have any questions in relation to the process, including determining a viable strategy to work in Canada, please contact Toronto employment and immigration lawyers, Sultan Lawyers, at (416) 214-5111 or via email to mlahert@sultanlawyers.com

Contact us today to schedule a consultation with us