Toronto Employment Lawyers Advising Employers on Temporary Resident Visas for Employees
At Sultan Lawyers in Toronto, our knowledgeable team of workplace immigration lawyers regularly advise a wide range of employers, from large Canadian, U.S., and multinational companies carrying on business in Canada, on a broad variety of workplace immigration issues.
We provide legal guidance and support for employers seeking to bring employees into Canada under a Temporary Resident Visa or through other limited mandate entries. We have a deep and thorough understanding of Canadian immigration legislation and regulations and can help to expedite matters so that our clients have the right people available on time to serve their clients and customers.
Temporary Resident Visas and Employees in Canada
A temporary resident visa (TRV) is an official document issued by a visa office and placed in an employee’s passport to indicate they have met the requirements needed for admission into Canada as a temporary resident. A TRV is only issued to a foreign national where the Government of Canada is satisfied that the individual will leave Canada after the end of the period of time they are authorized to remain here.
Employer Obligations Towards Temporary Workers
Employers who are hiring temporary workers have various responsibilities including:
- Ensuring the temporary workers have their work permit;
- Helping the temporary workers obtain any other documentation required to work in Canada;
- Ensuring the temporary workers follow the conditions and time limits outlined on their work permit;
- Complying with employment legislation, including keeping the workplace safe and free of harassment, violence, and abuse;
- Meeting their legal and other commitments towards the temporary workers with respect to wages and working conditions.
Sultan Lawyers: Advising Employers on Transfer of Employees to Canada
The Toronto workplace immigration lawyers at Sultan Lawyers regularly advise our employer clients on how to move employees to Canada. We can help you plan proactively, take care of all relevant paperwork, and ensure any potential risks are managed. We offer flat rate consultations, specifically designed to provide our clients with the information and tools they need to manage their issue and keep business moving. Contact us online or at 416-214-5111 for a consultation.