(416) 214-5111

Yes, foreign workers are entitled to the same rights as a Canadian or permanent resident in relation to termination of employment. This includes all rights under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 in relation to termination and severance pay, and entitlement to Employment Insurance (assuming basic eligibility is met).

If you are a foreign worker who has recently been fired, and you are unsure whether you have legal status to remain in Canada, or you interested in understanding your rights, please contact Toronto employment and immigration lawyersSultan Lawyers, at (416) 214-5111 or via email to mlahert@sultanlawyers.com

Contact us today to schedule a consultation with us