(416) 214-5111

Generally, no. When a foreign worker has their employment terminated, he/she is generally entitled to remain in Canada until the expiry of his/her work permit. The termination itself does not invalidate or terminate the foreign worker’s legal status in Canada. However, foreign workers who have had their employment terminated must ensure that they are forthright about their status with immigration authorities, including when travelling.  Immigration can then elect to determine whether a change is status is appropriate.

If you are a foreign worker who has recently been fired, and you are unsure whether you have legal status to remain in Canada, or you interested in understanding your rights, please contact Toronto employment and immigration lawyers, Sultan Lawyers, at (416) 214-5111 or via email to mlahert@sultanlawyers.com

Contact us today to schedule a consultation with us