(416) 214-5111

If a temporary foreign worker is dismissed from their employment and they hold a closed work permit, they will need to obtain a new work permit (open or closed and listing the new employer) before they can begin work for a new employer.

There are a variety of ways that an employee may obtain a new work permit. It is important for the temporary foreign worker to consult with a lawyer to ensure that all potential work permit options are canvassed and considered.

If you are a foreign worker who has recently been fired, and you are unsure whether you have legal status to remain in Canada, or you interested in understanding your rights, please contact Toronto employment and immigration lawyersSultan Lawyers, at (416) 214-5111 or via email to mlahert@sultanlawyers.com

Contact us today to schedule a consultation with us